Unity’s Sunday School provides a spiritual experience for children and gives them the opportunity each week to deepen their connection with themselves and with God.
We at Unity believe that if we can help a child step onto the path of Self Realization at an early age, the foundation will be set for a brighter, happier future, and the self-awareness and self confidence they gain by knowing themselves will benefit not only the child, but the planet at large.
What do children learn at Unity?
Children learn that they have a divine potential within them. Through quiet contemplation, or meditation, children are encouraged to discover their true potential and practice tapping into their “inner resources” by listening to the still, small voice within. They also get the opportunity to express that “higher self” through Sunday School activities like dancing, singing, yoga, and art. We try to balance the high energy, fun activities with the calm, reflective practices, so the children stay interested and fully engaged. We want your children to love Sunday School!
Also part of Unity’s Sunday School curriculum, is the exploration of other cultural beliefs, religions, mythology, history and spirituality. We feel that by encouraging a child to explore beliefs outside our own, we enrich the child’s experience and allow them to make their own decisions about spirituality.
Sunday School (Children’s Spiritual Experience)
- Ages: 3-10 years
- Meets Sundays during the 11:00 am service in the Sunday School Room downstairs
- Director: Michele Pullo
Children are welcomed into a positive and safe atmosphere with enthusiastic and caring teachers. They learn about the spirit within and their connection to the essence of life through guided meditation, the Unity principles, music, crafts, yoga and other creative activities. Meditation and daily affirmations are taught as tools to help shape a loving world. (Commit to bringing your children for one month, and we promise they will make new friends and love it!)
- Grades 5-8
- Meets Sundays at 11 am in the Uniteens Room
- Facilitator: Heather Bilyeu
When your middle schooler attends Uniteens, they are welcomed into an environment of unconditional love and acceptance. Our youth ministry introduces kids to a service oriented, heart centered, contemplative and grateful life with lessons in environmental awareness, uplifting others, the Unity principles, inner reflection and much more. Uniteens will make new friends and get a spiritual experience that will stay in their hearts for a lifetime!
YOU (Youth of unity)
- Grades 9-12
- Meets Sundays at 11:00 am in the YOU Room
- Director: Melinda Malek
Youth of Unity is a group of enthusiastic young adults preparing for their life’s journey. Love, kindness, patience and respect for ourselves and for one another are our main objectives. We offer a safe environment to bring life’s discussion and guidance into our weekly meet-up. We attend several Unity Youth Rallies throughout the year. We also host our own “Lock-Ins” (overnight slumber parties) and organize fundraisers to help the homeless through bake sales, a summer car wash and other seasonal programs.
“We do not provide religious education, but we facilitate spiritual self-discovery.” – a YOU sponsor
Mission/Purpose of YOU
OUR OBJECTIVE: is to provide settings in which the principles of Practical Christianity, as taught by Unity, are brought into interaction with life situations through experiential, synergetic learning experiences applicable to daily life. The goal is to provide opportunities for persons to express the spiritually abundant life as taught and demonstrated by Jesus, the Christ.
Goals of the YOU Chapter
CONCEPT: The purpose of the YOU chapter is to unify all young people who are seeking to express the indwelling Christ in accordance with the principles of practical Christianity as taught and interpreted by Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- To introduce the individual to Truth principles.
- To help the individual to understand and practice Truth principles in his/her everyday life.
- To involve the individual in actual prayer and meditation experiences.
- To promote the ideal of individuals working together and enjoying fellowship, worship, study and service.
Some functions of the YOU chapter are to:
- Provide a weekly opportunity to explore a concept in Truth.
- Provide an environment of security and safety for the sharing and exploration of feelings.
- Create an atmosphere of total acceptance to help young people establish their own identity, self-worth and confidence, and a feeling of “belonging.”
- Help young people explore and seek a set of values FOR THEMSELVES.
- Help students define THEIR OWN purpose for living and develop a method of finding answers to life’s complexities.
- Help students develop a sense of interdependence through working together in a supportive, non-critical environment.
- Introduce new ways of communicating with self and others based on the principles of affirmation, denials and beholding the Christ in all people and situations.
- Expose the YOUers to their own personal power through creative self-expression and service activities.